Day 10 - Review

How do I Feel?


Hit a bump in the road today. Read on for more information.

Meals for Today:


Breakfast - Green Berry Smoothie


This smoothie consisted of a cup of blueberries. a cup of raspberries, a banana, a 1/2 cup of spinach leaves and 1/4 cup of almond milk.  I didn't doctor it up with whey protein powder like the last smoothie as I didn't think the chocolate flavored whey protein powder would go with the berries.  In spite of that, I didn't get really hungry before lunch and ate a little later than normal. All in all, I'd do this one again.


Lunch - Leftover 30 Minute Chili



(I forgot to take a picture of the lunch, so here's another shot from last night.) The chili aged decently overnight, but I still prefer my own recipe. 

Supper - Coconut Shrimp with Lemon Zest Squash




The shrimp side of this dish was okay.  It's basically a breaded coconut that's fried in coconut oil.  The breading was made from almond flour.  It would probably be better if it had a little much "oomph" to it as it was rather bland. As far as the squash goes, I'm not a fan.  Let's just leave it there.

Snacks 

  • banana
  • apple
  • tangerine

Exercise for Today


  • Completed 13 push-ups.
  • Completed 13 sit-ups.
  • "Planked' for 55 seconds (this is a repeat time of the last two days.
  • As of 8:30 PM, I only had 7.786 steps for a disappointing day. 

Daily Summary: 

Today wasn't nearly as bad as yesterday in terms of wanting to much on something. I didn't really feel hungry during the day and didn't have the desire to munch on things.  It was a bad day in terms of movement.  I was working on the budget for most of the day and that tied me to the desk. Tomorrow I need to make a more concerted effort to get out and move. 

Stats for Today:  


The worst news was that I gained .4 pounds overnight.  I knew that this would probably come sooner or later so I'm glad it got here now.  Some people say that you shouldn't weigh yourself daily while one a diet as it could discourage you when you hit normal up and down weight fluctuations.  I disagree.  I think this setback helped motivate me to buckle down again today.  So, with that gain, I'm back below 50 percent in terms of meeting the monthly goal at 48.4 percent.  For the year, I'm at 12.1 percent.  Time to buckle down again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corregidor Island, Manila Bay, Philippines

Wednesday Morning Ride