Day 8 - Review

How do I feel?


Not a bad day although it's still VERY cold for us here in the South.

Meals for Today:


Breakfast - 3 egg Omelet with Bacon



The menu in Paleo in 28 called for Fried Egg this morning.  In looking at the weekly menu, it's the same breakfast as two other days, so I opted to go back to an old favorite the omelet with bacon.  I have to admit to cheating just a bit as I included some cheddar cheese and some salsa.  I know that it's not STRICTLY paleo diet, but I'm not a purist.  The problem with eggs is that they get old after a while.  I find that a little salsa makes for a lot of variety.  I should have made my own salsa, but I was lazy.  Anyway, this staple is a keeper.

Lunch - Egg Drop Soup



Lunchtime came and I wasn't really hungry. Earlier I had wanted to nibble on stuff but was able to get through that.  Belle went ahead and made the Egg Drop Soup recipe from Paleo in 28 and offered up a giant bowl and I finished it.  She did add 4 eggs instead of the called for two but even at that, it was still very watery.  It was good and I didn't have any hunger pangs until dinner.

Dinner - Pot Roast with Diner-Style Sweet Potato Hash


Sweet Potato Hash

Pot Roast made in the Instant Pot

Pot Roast with carrots and onions
Tonight's dinner could have been bland. The pot roast was in the Instant Pot as a slow cooker for about 7 hours and was well cooked.  However, the accompanying spice/broth combination did not give it much flavor.  So if you like a kind of plain pot roast, then this is perfect.  The Sweet Potato Hash really kicked it up a notch.  Overall, it was a good if not very inspiring meal. 

Snacks 

  • tangerine
  • banana

Exercise for Today:

  • Completed 11 push-ups
  • Completed 11 sit-ups
  • "Planked" for 55 seconds
  • Completed 7.378 steps by 8 PM

Daily Summary:

Not a bad day, hunger-wise, again today.  Since the weather was warmer, I was able to get outside and walk 2.25 miles outside, but still didn't get close to the 10,000 mark.  Hopefully, I'll get back in the swing again tomorrow.  And, the weather forecast is calling for warmer temperatures - back up into the 60s - by the middle of the week.  I tried a 72 percent cacao chocolate today after sampling a 90 percent earlier in the week.  While I was able to eat the 90 percent, no one else was.  The 72 percent still has a strong dark chocolate taste but it's much better than the 90.

Stats for the day:

I only lost .3 pounds overnight, but that was better than I was expecting given the large weight loss yesterday.  That puts me at 7 straight days with some weight loss.  I'm down a total of 4.6 pounds which is 45.8 percent towards achieving the monthly goal of losing 10 pounds and 11.45 percent towards losing the yearly goal of 40 pounds.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corregidor Island, Manila Bay, Philippines

Wednesday Morning Ride