Day 14 - Review

How do I Feel?


Today was a bit of a struggle.  I managed to make it through the day but wasn't as easy as some days.  Read more below. 

Meals for Today:


Breakfast - Coconut Flour Pancakes




I went in a different direction this morning and searched the internet for a Paleo-friendly pancake recipe.  The Paleo in 28 book called for Perfect Pancakes again.  This recipe didn't work well the last time so I found a Coconut Flour Pancakes recipe at this link. These pancakes didn't turn out to be too bad.  I had trouble with the coconut oil getting solidified during the mixing process but otherwise enjoyed these.  I need to get some pure maple syrup to go along with them next time.  These, I'd do again. 


Lunch - Leftover Meatloaf with Marinara Sauce



This was another attempt to get rid of leftovers.  I heated up a little marinara sauce to go over the meat loaf which made it REALLY good.  I actually liked this better than the original. 

Dinner - Paleo "Chick-Fil-A"




I discovered this recipe while searching for Paleo pancakes recipes this morning.  It looked good, so we gave it a try.  I found this recipe linked on a website called Stupid Easy Paleo.  The actual recipe can be found at this link. Overall, it was pretty tasty.  One we'll definitely do again in the future.  I also mixed up a Honey Dijon dipping sauce from a recipe in the Paleo in 28 book. It had a little funny after-taste so I may not go back to that well.  Overall, it was a pretty good meal. 

Snacks:


  • banana
  • manderina
  • dark chocolate squares

Exercise for Today:


  • Completed 15 push-ups
  • Completed 15 sit-ups
  • "Planked: for 60 seconds
  • Walked 11,805 steps as of 8:00 PM.  I walked 2.47 miles this evening to get to this spot. 

Daily Summary:


I struggled again today with the munchies.  I really had cravings for something sweet.  When I went to the grocery store, I ended up buying some 72 percent dark chocolate.  This helped a bit, but it was tough most of the day.

Stats for Today:


I lost another pound at my morning weigh in bringing my overall weight loss in the last two weeks to 7.2 pounds.  That is 71.9 percent towards achieving the monthly goal of 10 pounds and 17.98 percent towards achieving the yearly goal of 40 pounds of weight loss. I also lost another 1/2 inch at my weekly waste line check. That makes for an inch and a half reduction in two weeks.  It's a good start, but I think I might see a slide at tomorrow's weigh in!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corregidor Island, Manila Bay, Philippines

Wednesday Morning Ride