Day 9 - Review

How do I Feel?

This was probably my toughest day so far.  Read below for more details.


Meals for Today:


Breakfast - Fried Eggs, Bacon, and Sweet Potato Hash





A different way to have eggs this morning.  These were fried over-easy and combined with bacon and the sweet potato hash.  Overall, a good meal and filling. 

Lunch - Leftover Pot Roast


Leftover pot roast was on the menu for lunch today (I didn't get a picture of the actual meal, but it was from this bad boy.)  Sometimes leftovers heat up well, sometimes, they do not.  This meal did not reheat well. I don't know if I got a couple of tough slices or it I got part of the pot roast that was a bit over-cooked.  I managed to get enough down to kind of satisfy me but I've had better lunches. 

Dinner - 30 minute Chili




This recipe was from Paleo in 28

I looked forward to this recipe for a couple of days.  I'm a big fan of chili and new I wanted this. While it was okay, I much prefer my personal recipe for chili and would make it up the next time (sans beans.)  This was really just ground beef and tomatoes with some chili seasoning.  I also believe that chili needs to cook a little longer than 30 minutes in order for all the flavors to meld together.  I'd eat this again but would use my own recipe.

Snacks


  • apple
  • tangerines

Exercise for Today:


  • Completed 12 push-ups
  • Completed 12 sit-ups
  • "Planked" for 55 seconds (a repeat of yesterday's time)
  • Completed 11,732 steps as of 8 PM

Daily Summary: 

I really struggled today.  It wasn't because I was really hungry because I wasn't.  But I wanted to eat SOMETHING almost all day long. I had the urge to nibble.  I fought it off for the most part by drinking water and eating fruit, but it wasn't very satisfying. I kept thinking about the chili for dinner and wanted a big piece of cornbread to go along with it.  Crackers sounded fantastic today for some reason, in fact, any type of bread would have hit the spot.  I didn't succumb, so survived to go on to another day. 

Stats for Today:


Last night I lost another .7 pounds for a total weight loss of 5.2 pounds today.  That goes over the 50 percent mark towards meeting the monthly weight loss goal of 10 pounds - I'm currently sitting at 52.3 percent.  I'm now 13.08 percent towards achieving the yearly goal of 40 pounds of weight loss. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corregidor Island, Manila Bay, Philippines

Wednesday Morning Ride