Day 6 - Review

How do I feel?


Today wasn't a bad day.  I was a bit sleepy in the morning - probably due to some unusual circumstances I'll mention below - but I was never hungry.  I did WANT to munch on stuff all day but managed to fight off that urge.

Meals for Today:

Breakfast - Baked Banana Bread



This is a recipe from Paleo in 28.

We weren't real sure about this recipe.  While everyone in the family is a big fan of bread, this didn't seem like it was going to be real "bready."  As Belle put the recipe together, it took a little more time to get to a finished consistency than the recipe called for.  It does consist of almond flour, smashed banana, egg, coconut milk and a couple of other ingredients.  Overall, it was okay.  We didn't find it to be very tasty or filling.  And, to make a confession, we cooked up some bacon to supplement the meal.  I'm not sure this is a keeper. 


Lunch - Pineapple Pulled Pork leftovers


I didn't get a chance to eat lunch today until almost 2 pm, so I was ready for this.  It was good again today!

Dinner - Lettuce Wrapped Chicken Fajitas with Cauliflower Rice




 This is a recipe from Paleo in 28.

Chicken fajitas are always good and these were no exception.  The cauliflower rice is an interesting take on making it. The lettuce wraps were uninspiring - particularly with Remiel eating fajitas in a real tortilla right next to me.  It took all my willpower not to rip it from his hands and stuff it down my throat.  I managed to avoid that scene, but it was a chore.  We definitely repeat the fajitas.

Snacks:

  • tangerine
  • apple
  • banana

Exercise for Today:

  • Successfully completed 9 push-ups.
  • Successfully completed 9 sit-ups.
  • "Planked" for 45 seconds (again, a repeat of the time for the last two days.)
  • Completed 8,722 steps as of 7 pm (it was very snowy today, so I didn't get a chance to go outside.)


Daily Summary:

We had a snow day here in south central Tennessee, so there was no school. It always upsets the apple cart when I get out of my routine food-wise, but I managed it pretty well. I was only able to get the amount of steps in today that I did because I walked laps indoors at school. The food options were decent and I didn't feel any real hunger pangs.  All in all, it was a decent day - in spite of the snow.

Stats for today: I lost .6 pounds overnight which puts me at 27.1 percent towards achieving the monthly goal and 6.78 percent towards achieving the long-term goal.  I haven't hit a weight gain day yet, but I'm sure it's in my future.  I have almost survived the first week. Check back tomorrow to see if I can make it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corregidor Island, Manila Bay, Philippines

Wednesday Morning Ride